Fluoxetine is an antidepressant group of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It has a timoanaleptic and stimulating effect. It is used for depression of various genesis, obsessive-compulsive disorders, bulimic neuroses.
Your order will be packed safe and secure and dispatched within 24 hours. This is exactly how your parcel will look like (pictures of a real shipping item). It has a size and a look of a regular private letter (9.4x4.3x0.3 inches or 24x11x0.7cm) and it does not disclose its contents
Fluoxetine - product description
Fluoxetine is an antidepressant, which treats depression of various etiologies, bulimic neurosis, and obsessive-compulsive disorders. Many experts note its effectiveness and actively use in their practice.
Fluoxetine - safety information
The drug is contraindicated in cases when the patient has such diseases:
• hypersensitivity to fluoxetine or other components of the drug;
• suicidal moods, epilepsy, convulsive syndrome of various genesis;
• myocardial infarction (including history);
•cirrhosis of the liver;
• kidney failure;
• benign prostatic hyperplasia, glaucoma, atony of the bladder;
• the period of breastfeeding;
A course of treatment has to be carefully prescribed for people with such conditions:
- Impaired liver function;
- Epilepsy and mania;
- Low body weight.
The use of the drug during pregnancy is possible only in exceptional cases and in terms of vital signs if the expected benefit for the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
If it is necessary to use during breastfeeding, breastfeeding should be discontinued. The drug is contraindicated for use in children.
During Fluoxetine treatment, it is necessary to refrain from potentially dangerous activities requiring increased attention and rapid psychomotor reactions, which is associated with a risk of developing the described adverse reactions.
Fluoxetine must be taken strictly according to the and instructions of the doctor. Otherwise, you will get unpleasant consequences.
Symptoms of drug overdose include nausea, vomiting, convulsions, dysfunction of the cardiovascular system and lungs, agitation and coma.
In case of overdose, it is necessary to call a doctor and take a course of recovery urgently.
Fluoxetine side effects
The drug may cause side effects, if found, stop taking fluoxetine and call for an ambulance.
Adverse events caused by the drug can be classified as follows:
- From the nervous system and sense organs: a headache, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, lethargy, fatigue, asthenic syndrome, sleep disorders, motor anxiety, muscle twitching, myoclonus, tremor, hyperkinesia, convulsive state, and others.
- From the cardiovascular system and blood system: tachycardia or bradycardia, atrial or ventricular fibrillation, cardiac arrest, myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure, and other heart problems.
- On the part of the respiratory system: nasal congestion, epistaxis, and sinusitis, and laryngeal edema, shortness of breath, hiccough, cough, pulmonary edema, hypoxia, and chest pain.
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract: decrease (rarely - increase) of appetite, anorexia, dry mouth, increased salivation, increased salivary glands, stomatitis, gastritis, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, acute stomach syndrome, stomach and duodenal ulcer, gastrointestinal bleeding, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation, melena, colitis, intestinal obstruction, increased level of hepatic tests, hepatitis and others.
- From the side of metabolism: a violation of the secretion of hormones, gout, increased cholesterol, diabetes.
- On the part of the genitourinary system: frequent urination, urinary retention, urinary tract infections, cystitis, renal failure, breast enlargement and soreness, decreased libido, ejaculatory disorders, impotence, painful menstruation.
Bone pain and allergic reactions can also occur.
In order to prevent the occurrence of side effects during Fluoxetine therapy, do not exceed the dose and follow all the doctor's instructions.